Our aim is to make your experience at HSoA as safe, relaxed and enjoyable as possible. We would like you to be confident that every effort has been made to create a COVID-Secure environment. Although nothing is risk-free, the health and safety of our students, staff and guests remains of paramount importance and, as restrictions begin to ease, we will be closely monitoring our measures to safeguard our community. To help protect us all we have developed some guidelines to explain the new safety and social measures that will be in place on your return.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
If you are experiencing symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to the virus, we ask that you do not visit the school and seek professional medical guidance. Similarly, if you or any of your guests should develop symptoms and have visited the school within the previous 14 days, please notify us immediately.
- Students, staff, and guests are asked to refrain from coming to the school if they are unwell, displaying symptoms or recovering from Covid-19
- To achieve optimal social distancing class sizes have been reduced and 1 metre markers will be indicated on the floor of Reception
- Antibacterial sanitiser will be available throughout the building and we encourage you to travel with your own sanitiser, using this alongside frequent handwashing to maintain optimum hygiene
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available on entry and at reception should students wish to wear these inside the school, with designated bins for disposal on the way out.
- All visitors will need to sign-in at reception and are encouraged to use the automated sanitiser after signing
- Dropping off children: we request that families wait outside until it is time for the workshop to start to avoid congregation in the café area
- The building has been professionally cleaned, disinfected and painted and expert cleaning and disinfecting will be repeated on a daily basis.
- We will be using hospital-grade, EPA approved chemicals that targets a broad spectrum of viruses and bacteria, as well as electrostatic sprayers and high bar pressure dry steam cleaners to ensure optimum cleanliness
- All touch points will be sanitised and disinfected every hour using medical-grade antimicrobial agent
- Studios will be cleaned after each class
- All café areas will be cleaned and disinfected after each session and after all use if students are seated
- Bathrooms will be serviced every hour and monitored Disposable hand towels and sanitisers are provided.
- Windows will be opened where appropriate to encourage ventilation.
- Handshaking is discouraged and we ask that you do not make physical contact with members of staff
- Break times will be staggered
- Children will be provided with a personal materials pack.
- Separate exit and entrance to the building will be implemented for adults, entrance via café exit via rear fire-door.
- Please be patient and respectful of other members to allow safe distances to be maintained
- New studio organisation and seating arrangements are in place, including a reduced number of students per class for social distancing purposes
- We may need to contact you to confirm your contact details should we be contacted by Public Health England as part of contact tracing
- The School will be operating a cashless policy and will be accepting payment by credit card/debit card only
- All members of staff will be trained on Covid-19 security guidelines so they are able to help safeguard students and fellow colleagues
- All members of staff on duty will be provided with PPE where appropriate in accordance with Government guidelines and will adhere to strict Health & Safety Covid-19 Secure guidelines
- Before returning to work, staff will be encouraged to take a Coronavirus Antibody test
Hampstead School of Art has thrived for 80 years and this is the first time it has had to close its doors. This unprecedented period has meant adapting and evolving our offering so we can continue to serve our community and create a safe and pleasant environment. Keeping our students, guests, and staff safe remains our priority and every precaution is being taken to ensure we maintain the highest standards at all times. Strict social distancing and safety measures are in place throughout the school and we ask that all those visiting adhere to these guidelines and show respect and consideration for fellow students and staff. As restrictions begin to ease, we look forward to adjusting the measures in place accordingly. In the meantime, please be assured that every effort has been made to ensure we can welcome you back to a safe environment.